Vacation House Watch Request

Request for a Home Check

When you and your family are planning to be away from your home for any extended length of time, you can request that the Police Department check on your property.

The request form gives officers information about the length of your trip, what types of vehicles or persons will be in or around your home during your absence, and how to contact you in case of an emergency.

While you are gone, officers will periodically check your home to make sure that everything continues to stay secure. This service is provided at no cost to you and is there to give you peace of mind while you are out of town.


In offering this service, neither the City of Breckenridge nor the Breckenridge Police Department assumes any liability for any property loss or damage resulting from criminal offense or civil event occurring at the location during the time period specified.

Submission of the House Watch Request will result in increased patrol efforts by patrol personnel at the location given.
styling border